Show me the heart unfettered by foolish dreams
让我看到一颗因愚蠢的梦想而挣脱束缚的心
And I’ll show you a happy man.
我就能让你看见一个快乐的人。
《死亡诗社》经典台词
Only in their dreams can men be truly free 只有在梦中,人才能得到真正的自由。
It was always thus, and always thus will be. 以前一直如此,将来依然不变。
《死亡诗社》经典台词
——Why do I stand here? Anybody? 我为何要站在这儿?谁知道
——Feel taller
——I stand on my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in different way. 我站在我的桌上以提醒我自己必须经常用不同的角度看事物。
The world looks different from up here. 从这上面看到的世界很不一样。
If you don't believe it, stand up here and try it.
All of you. Take turns.
《死亡诗社》经典台词
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way.
当你认为你知道某件事时,必须再以不同角度看它
Even though it may seem silly or wrong, you must try!
即使那看来似乎愚笨或错误,你们都必须试试
Now, when you read, don't just consider what the author thinks consider what you think.
当你阅读时 别只想到作者的见解,想想你的见解
《死亡诗社》经典台词
Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. 孩子们,你们必须努力寻找自己的声音
Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.
因为你等候起步的时间愈长便愈不可能找到它
Thoreau said, “Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.”
梭罗说“大多数人都过着寂寞绝望的生活”
《死亡诗社》经典台词
Don't be resigned to that. Break out!
别听任此事发生。要冲破!
Don’t just walk off the edge like lemmings. Look around you.
别像旅鼠般盲目由崖边跳下。看看四周
《死亡诗社》经典台词
Devotees may argue that one sport or game is inherently better than another.
狂热者会争论某种运动或游戏远优于其它的
For me, sport is actually a chance for us to have other human beings push us to excel .
对我而言运动是让他人将我们推上卓越的机会。
《死亡诗社》经典台词
Come, my friends. It’s not too late to seek a newer world.
For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset. And though we are not now that strength which in old days… moved earth and heaven… that which we are , we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts… made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find…and not to yield.
Alfred Lord Tennyson 亚佛洛德丁尼生
来吧!我的朋友.寻找更新的世界尚为时不晚。我决心已定,要驶过夕阳的尽头。尽管我们不再有昔日的伟力,可以震天撼地,我们仍然有着同样的英雄般的心。虽为时光命运摧残,但坚强意志依然,去拼搏,去探索,去发现,永不屈服。
《死亡诗社》经典台词
Then I had religion, then I had a vision. 我曾有过先见
I could not turn from their revel in derision. 却无法避开源源的嘲讽
Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black, 接着我看见刚果河,缓缓在黑色大陆流动
cutting through the forest with a golden track. 金色小径贯穿森林
Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black. 接着我看见刚果河
We’re not laying pipe. We’re talking about poetry.
我们不是在装水管。我们谈论的是诗。
This is a battle, a war. 这是一个战场,一场战争
And the casualties could be your hearts and souls.其结果关系到你的心智与灵魂
Now, my class, you’ll learn to think for yourselves again.
在我的课堂上,你们将学习独立思考。
You’ll learn to savor words and language.
你们将学会品尝文字与语言。
No matter what anybody tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
不论别人如何告诉你文字与思想能改变世界。
Robert Frost said, two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
劳勃佛洛斯特说过,树林里两条岔路
我选择人走得比较少的那条路
那里有天壤之别
If you noticed, everyone started off with their own stride, their own pace.
你们若是注意,每个人都是以自己的步幅行走
Now, I didn’t bring them up here to ridicule them.
我叫他们上前不是为了嘲弄他们
I brought them up here to illustrate the point of conformity:
我让他们上前是为了说明“一致”的重点
The difficulty in maintaining your own beliefs in the face of others.
在他人面前坚护自己信念的困难所在
I would’ve walked differently. 我本可以走得与众不同。
We all have a great need for acceptance.
我们都非常需要被认同
But you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own
但你们必须相信自己的信念独一无二
Even though others may think them odd or unpopular
纵使别人可能认为它奇异或者不入流。
Even though the herd may go, that’s bad.
纵使庸俗的大众可能会说,好烂。
To struggle against great odds, to meet enemies undaunted
与逆境不屈抗争,以无畏的气势面对敌人。
To be a sailor of the world bound for all ports.
做世界的水手,游遍所有的港口。
Oh, I live to be the ruler of life, not a slave.
我要做生活的主宰,而非奴隶。
To mount the scaffolds. To advance to the muzzles of guns wit perfect nonchalance.
走上绞刑台,行至枪口,我安之若泰。
Oh, to have life henceforth the poem of new joys.
让今后的生命如喜悦的诗。
Let it fill your soul. 让它充满你的灵魂。
I sound… my barbaric… yawp…over the rooftops of the world.
我听见我那野蛮原始的呐喊越过世界的屋脊
I close my eyes, and this image floats beside me.
我闭上眼睛,他的影像在我身边飘动
A sweaty-toothed madman 一个令人齿冷的疯子
With a stare that pounds my brain 他的目光冲击我的心
His hands reach out and choke me. 他伸出手掐住我的脖子
And all the time he’s mumbling about true. 他一直在念叨真理